About the CFMR
The inaugural Chamblee Fun Mud Run was held on May 2, 2015. It drew over 800 participants and raised $22,500 to directly benefit the Chamblee Middle School Education Foundation. The 2016 and 2017 races grew to 1200-1300 participants each and raised approximately $43,000 each year for the students and teachers of CMS.
Money raised from this event has been used to support CMS students and teachers by funding:
- A pilot 21st Century Classroom, equipped with iPads and rolling white boards and tables for flexible working spaces and groups
- A pilot Student-Centered Classroom, equipped with Chromebooks and whiteboard easels
- iReady, an individualized curriculum software platform in reading and math for supplemental student support
- After-school tutoring for Georgia Milestones Testing preparation
- New technology including a combination of 50 laptops, iPads and Chromebooks for classroom use
- Additional Media Center PC workstations
- 15 Mathematics Lab PC workstations
- iPads for ESL translation support
- ELA news subscription tailored to students’ reading levels with Social Studies and Language Arts content support Social Studies and Language Arts Curriculum
- Print making press and supplies for Visual Arts classes
- Sponsorship of two new Drone Competition Teams
- Conferences and training for teachers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), foreign languages, and yearbook production
- New floor scrubber to keep the school clean and reduce illness and related absences
- Supplemental learning products, including online subscriptions and hard-copy materials
- Professional development, through funding for teachers to attend professional conferences, where they bring back new knowledge to other teachers in the school, as well as funding substitutes so that teachers could attend in-house workshops together
- Gymnasium sound system replacement and weight room renovations
- Flexible seating and work area equipment for several classrooms to allow for different learning styles among students.
The Fun Mud Run has become an established favorite event in the area, bringing together families and students from across to Chamblee school cluster and beyond.
The Chamblee Fun Mud Run is open to the community, and is recommended for ages 8 and up.